Monday, May 30, 2011

Guacamole

Some of our children have not cared for guacamole but as I experimented with recipes through the years I came to these ingredients. Now it is a favorite even with the picky eaters. My husband and I have always loved it not matter how it is made. Because it is so delicious this is the only way I make it any more.


Ingredients
4 medium avocados
¼ of a medium white onion, chopped very fine
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Pinch or two of ground cumin
1/8 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powdered
Pinch or two of cayenne pepper
1-2 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste

Directions
Peel and remove seeds from the avocados.

Mash the avocados with a fork.

Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.

Serve as dip for tortilla chips, or over your favorite Mexican food dishes.

~LaRee

No comments:

Post a Comment