Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Homemade Stuffed Crust Pizza

I adapted this recipe from a recipe I found at Real Mom Kitchen. She used the recipe for breadtsicks but I decided to use it for pizza. I like the stuffed crust pizza at Pizza Hut so I decided to try and make my own. It turned out really good! My husband doesn't like the stuffed crust from Pizza Hut but he loves this!


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups hot milk
2 TBS sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 TBS yeast
3 cups flour
Butter, a couple TBS
Mozzarella cheese
Pizza Sauce
Any other toppings you like

Directions
Dissolve sugar and salt in hot milk.

Add 1 cup flour to make a soupy mixture.

When the mixture is no longer hot but still warm add the yeast and stir well. Then add the rest of the flour (2 cups).

Knead the dough until smooth.

Take about 1/3 of the dough and set aside (you can use it to make a second smaller pizza or whatever you want).

Roll out the other 2/3 of dough into a circle, a little bit bigger than the size of your pizza pan.

Put dough onto pan.

Place cheese in a circle about a 1/2-1 inch from the edge of the crust.  Fold crust over the cheese. Butter the crust lightly.



Let rise for 10 to 15 minutes while preheating the oven to 350 degrees.

Put toppings on your pizza and then bake for about 20 minutes.



~Jenelle

1 comment:

  1. I've considered making stuffed crust but using string cheese...same thing (Mozz), but a little less messy and perhaps easier.

    ReplyDelete